At the conclusion of the Seminar on Cabernet Franc and International Wine Tasting, 16 wineries poured last Sunday for the concluding event for Cabernet Franc Day, Paso Robles. The event was held at the Cass Winery Event site. Cab Franc Day, Paso Robles – was presented by LXV Wines, Hope Family Wines, J.Lohr Vineyards and the Paso Robles Cab Collective. Those wineries including:
- Adelaida Vineyards https://www.adelaida.com/
- Hope Family Wines https://hopefamilywines.com/
- Chateau Margene https://www.chateaumargene.com/
- Dracaena Wines (Founders of International Cabernet Franc Day) https://dracaenawines.com/
- Ancient Peaks Winery https://ancientpeaks.com/
- Breacon Estate https://breconestate.com/
- Daou Vineyards https://daouvineyards.com/
- Four Laterns Winery https://fourlanternswinery.com/
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines https://www.jlohr.com/
- LXV Wines https://www.lxvwine.com/
- Rotta Winery https://www.rottawinery.com/
- Still Waters Vineyards https://www.stillwatersvineyards.com/
- Le Vigne Winery https://www.levignewinery.com/
- Paris Valley Road Estate Winery https://parisvalleyroad.com/
- Robert Hall Winery https://www.roberthallwinery.com/
- Union Sacre Winery https://www.unionsacre.com/
Here are the details on the vintages and makeup of the wines that were poured:
Many of the wines poured were sold out, however the wineries poured their treasured “hidden stashes” of wines to make the Grand Tasting Event worthwhile for all the attendees.
Guests were greeted by Field Recordings with a 2021 Pet Nate Rose vintage being 80% Cabernet Franc, 15% Chardonnay and 5% Molinara. Each winery was given a table to pour their wines and had access to a never ending charcuterie board which included hummus with fried garbanzo, smoky baba Ghanoush, Golden Dahl and Tapenade crusty bread, Naan, house made crackers, pickled and raw vegetable crudité. Wait staff served the guests with some specialty items created by Neeta Mittal & Chef Charlie Paladin that included: Roast Loin of Lamb with violet oil, lavender and mint; duck breast seared rare with cherry demi-glace; Camembert with Herbes de Provence and red mustard seed; Parippu Vada/Masala Vada – South Indian Lentil cakes.
Just a few pictures of the wines being offered:
All in all it was a spectacular success for the first “Cab Franc Day, Paso Robles” as all participants from the Seminar & Tasting of International Wines to the tasting of 16 of Paso Robles Cabernet Franc producers enjoyed every minute!
A job well done by the hosting parties and already looking forward to next year’s event!